With all the new happenings going on in my life right now I thought a blog might help everyone stay connected with what I am doing. I hope it helps!

Friday, August 8, 2008

A-L-O-H-A

Hawaii was fabulous! We were only there for 2 1/2 days but it was a nice transition before coming home. The craziest thing for us has been the time changes. I'm not really sure what time zone are bodies are on right now. We left Thailand on Aug 5th at 8:15am and arrived in Honolulu the same day but at 7:30am. So it was like we landed before we even left! Crazy! When we were in Thailand we were 11 hours ahead of NC. But in Hawaii we were 6 hours behind. Needless to say, we were all screwed up and extremely jetlagged most of the time there. Still, we rented a jeep and drove around the island with the top down. We managed to catch some rays on beautiful beaches and watched a hula show in Waikiki. Due to all of my work travel we were able to stay at the Hyatt in Waikiki with my points. After staying in places that didn't even have screens in the windows or electricity, we were beside ourselves with the decadence of the Hyatt. We wish we could have stayed longer and checked out more of the island. We'll have to go back someday to get more quality time there. One thing is for sure, Hawaii is gorgeous!

No comments: