With all the new happenings going on in my life right now I thought a blog might help everyone stay connected with what I am doing. I hope it helps!

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Rocky Mountain High

WE MADE IT! After 4 days of driving with two cars, two dogs and a cat we finally made it from Durham, NC to Longmont, CO. And believe it or not, it really wasn't all that bad. The first day we only drove 4 hours to Asheville, NC and spent the night catching up with Becky. Then we took off on Wednesday Aug 13th and spent the night in one of my favorite places to say... Paducah, KY. We hit the jackpot with one exit that had the terrific trio: a hotel that allowed dogs (Days Inn), a Cracker Barrel and a Waffle House...who could ask for anything more??!!

The second night we stayed in Topeka, KS and it turned out there was a dog show that weekend so there were purebred dogs EVERYWHERE. Diego was definitely outnumbered and like one woman said "You better hold on to that cat cause there's a shitload of dogs around here". We managed though with our cat and two muts and were on our way the next day. We arrived in Longmont on Friday night around 8pm MT (yep we're on Mountain Time now). It turns out that our landlord now lives next door to us. They are staying at the neighbor's house for the next couple of months until the husband recovers from a heart attack he had this summer. He's fine though and they were happy to show us to our new house.

Since then we have been unpacking and I have been attending orientation for my school, Naropa University. I registered for classes today and here is what I am taking this semester:

1. Contemplative Hinduism
2. Sanskrit I
3. Meditation Practicum I
4.Trends in Religious Studies
5. Methods and Issues in the Study of Religion

Pretty cool huh? Meanwhile, Gabriel has already applied to a job with the OSMP (Open Space Mountain Parks) Department and is looking for other possibilities. We love it here! So, that means...y'all need to come visit right quick! We miss everyone already and can't wait to show off our new life here. It's been quite a ride getting here but has very fortunately gone so smoothly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats on a getting settled out there and such an amazing journey! I am really happy for you Brittny! You deserve all of this! Let's talk soon

The Drenzek Family said...

umm time for a new post my dear...

yes still stalking your blog. i warned you.